“Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” – Vince Lombardi
With over twenty years of experience as a Civil Engineer, specializing in sustainable land development and re-development, project management, and construction management, Landon has developed strong project and client centric practices for residential, commercial, municipal, industrial, and mixed-use projects. Landon has extensive experience in civil engineering design and is able to see the big picture, yet also understand the technical details of complex projects. His knowledge of the land development process and construction practices equip him with a thorough understanding of how all phases of a project are inter-related and strongly impact one another. This comprehension, along with a passion for teamwork, allows for seamless integration of project design and implementation across multiple disciplines to create an end product that is environmentally sound, cost-effective, aesthetically pleasing, easily constructible, and easily maintainable. From due diligence through construction and close-out, Landon can take your project from concept to reality.
Landon’s direct experience includes planning and feasibility studies, pro-forma and due diligence, re-zoning cases, design and permitting work including; demolition plans, site and subdivision layout, grading and drainage, stormwater management, sedimentation and erosion control, roadways, utilities, and wetland and stream impacts, and environmental permitting. He has also led construction management teams for complex construction projects including preparation of specifications, bidding and contract documents, coordination of construction activities and required testing/inspections, scheduling, managing pay requests and change orders, and project close-out.
As a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and United States Green Building Council (USGBC), Landon has taken an active role in constantly increasing his understanding of the Engineering Industry and remaining on the cusp of engineering innovation. With experience in Low Impact Development and Sustainable Site design, Landon has used this knowledge to serve the community in the following ways:
- Exhibitor and Class Presenter for Central Carolina Community College Sustainability Program (2010-2013)
- Active Member of USGBC “Green Schools Committee” (2010-2011)
- Leading design charrette and public input sessions for multiple projects, including leading an affordable housing development design charrette at USGBC’s “Greenbuild” in Chicago, Illinois (2007-2011)
- Serving as a coordinator, judge, and presenter at the 11th Annual North Carolina Sustainable Building Design Competition, which focused on “Sustainable Site Design” (2011)
- Presenter at the 1st annual Reuse Connex Convention in Raleigh (2010)
- Serving as project manager for projects associated with numerous green rating programs including LEED, NC Healthy Built Homes, NAHB Green, and Enterprise Green Communities. (2009-2013)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Residential & Commercial Land Development
- Project Management
- Project Design and Permitting
- Team Building
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Michigan State, 2002